Lean Body Lifestyle
© COPYRIGHT 2015. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
So today is the 2cnd of January 2018
Its an exciting time the start of the year isn't it?
You have every opportunity to start a new and once and for all hit those goals "this time".
Have you set any Resolutions?
I certainly have. I love goal setting (actually i love goal achieving but setting new goals usually means i have achieved the previous goals so i suppose it goes hand in hand).
One of my goals this year is to improve upon the physique goals i achieved last year. (17st donw to 15st4 maintained across the year).
I want to hit the 15st mark this year and maintain that across the year with a few other little goals i won't go into right now as well.
So as you can imagine this will indeed include some specific training and some "dieting".
Like any good diet i started on Monday, and today (tuesday) i was sat in my gym, eating a packet of Walkers crisps when a client of mine came across and mocked me for doing so.
The conversation went like this;
Him "haha fell off the wagon allready have you"?
Him "You! you get onto us about our diets and here you are eating a packet of crisps"
Me "ahh right yeah sorry mate you caught me, but what do i always say to you about your diet exactly"?
Him "Well that we should try not to eat crisps etc"
Him "But if you do, track them"
Me "exactly, and what i actually say is its okay to eat a bit of what you like as long as you track it and eat responsibly and the other 70-80% of what you eat is good quality, don't i"?
Him "Yeah fair play".
You see the funny thing is i have trained this guy for over a year and he has listened to me re-iterate the point above over and over again. So the fact he still has the same outburst about me eating 1 packet of crisps shows just how ingrained in our brains this mentality is.
This mentality that there are good and bad foods!
That if you eat something thats considered "bad" you're off the wagon and thats your diet done for.
Happily the message is that the above statement isn't true.
Eating a packet of crips shouldn't be the deciding factor as to whether your on or off your diet...
Because your diet shouldn't be something your on or off.
Your diet simply is...
There is no on or off it.
There is no such thing as good or bad food and we need to drill this message home.
Eating "clean" is not something that you should concentrate on (admittedly i used to use this term myself)
making your lifestyle because no food is clean or dirty.
Broken down into its component parts, all food simply is made up of carbohydrates, protein and fat.
Yes some have chemicals etc which you should try and avoid for the most part but if its a food then eating it now and then wont be the be all end all.
Try and get out of the habit of thinking your either on the wagon or off the wagon.
In-fact lets agree their is no wagon.
So what should you do?
1) workout what your daily calorie needs are.
2) subtract some to help you lose fat
3) stay under that number consistently eating whatever you like to make it as easy for you to maintain as possible.
4) If you want to stay healthy, follow our 80/20 rule. Eat 80% of your calories from fresh fruits, vegetables, lean meats & good carbohydrate and fats and the other 20% from whatever you feel like.
Oh and stop worrying about whether you can eat a packet of crips or not. If your still in a calorie deficit after, then yes you can !